Breakfast was the typical Italian breakfast- yogurt, pastry, cappuccino etc. We were then off to a tour in Castlmola and Taormina. Next to the Discover Messina Office were vending machines, They literally sell everything. The drive was beautiful from Messina to Taormina.
We then arrived in Castlemola- such beautiful views and an awesome historic city. I bought lots of fun stuff here including volcanic rock jewelry.
Turrisi bar, also know as the "penis" bar. Serves and sells everything like a penis- penis shots, penis cookies, penis menus. It is a joke in the town and for tourists.
Over by the church you can usually see Mt. Etna- today it was cloudy, so unable to see it. I was disappointed because i really wanted to go to Etna, it was just not possible this trip.
Before leaving Castlmola- the guys had a drink at a bar while I did some shopping.
Then it was off to Taromina. Another beautiful and historic city.
Just some beautiful shots overlooking the sea. It is such a beautiful day here, possible rain, but not yet. And the weather is perfect.
Some accordion players- they were really good.
After walking we stopped for lunch. It was decent. I was still really full for some reason.
I had a sicilian spritz- no clue what the alcohol was- most places it is limoncello- not here. It was dark, but delicious. They also brought out the snack- risotto balls with a pumpkin, onion and tomato dip and various foccacias. So delicious.
I had a tuna salad, so fresh and hearty. I actually could not finish it Ronnie had calamari, his dad had lasagna.
We then went to Santa Caterina. It was a small but beautiful church. More candle lighting for Maria. I think I still owe her about $15 worth of candles after this. LOL.
On the way back to the bus it started raining. Ronnie wanted to see the Ferrari you can rent to drive around for the day.
Back in Messina, Ronnie and I just wanted a simple night out. We were not very hungry. We stopped at this cafe- tarelli, olicves, ch
For dinner we had the traditional focaccia with tomato, escarole and anchovies (you did not even know they were on it. We also had delicious cauliflower crepes that were really zucchini balls made with cauliflower.
I finished dinner with gelato- nocciola e straciatella. So delicious!
This restaurant was by our hotel- I love the name of it.




























































Comments
Post a Comment