Some random pictures of the town and Ronnie and his dad, Ron, in one of the Piazzas.


We then stopped in one of the churches to light candles and say prayers. It was beautiful inside.






We tried walking around a bit, the streets were narrow, and all seemed downhill so we did not get too far. We were also getting hungry. Ronnie's dad wanted pizza so we stopped for that. 

There was a St. Anthony so I felt good with this place! The girl here did not speak English so it was not good for my husband or his dad. I did the ordering. Normally in Italy it is one pizza per person especially when you are told they are small. Well...they were not small. I ended up just having the topping after the equivalent of about 1.5 pieces. The toppings were amazing!!!!!!
Before leaving Corleone Ronnie and I walked to the square to snap a few pictures. It was a beautiful day and his father was so happy to have made it to his grandparents hometown.
After we got back, he wanted to rest and Ronnie and I went out and walked for a bit. We went to, of course a church! More candles lit Maria! It was beautiful. They were finishing Mass and we had about 5 minutes before we were told they were locking up.




On the walk back we saw another beautiful area dedicated to Our Lady of Mercy.
On our way to dinner we check out several menu's- Ron really wanted mussels. We settled on this restaurant that was nice, not the best meal ever but it was good. 



They had an amazing wine room. Palermo beer.

The guys started with the mussels- (yuck)

They each had pasta with lobster. My father in law wanted cheese, the waiter of course made fun of him as they do in Italy for wanting cheese with you seafood pasta. You decide if that is normal or not. 

I had shrimp and a salad. It was simple, fresh, healthy. I can live with that!


We then finished the night with dessert- I had a delicious gelato- Canolo flavored. 

I want a spritz stand on every corner in Cleveland. I meant seriously...how cool is this!!!!!!

We arrived at the Mercedarian church- they were decorating inside. And the lights outside were all on. It was just special to be there and to see it. 
The one thing I cannot get past in Italy are these caged saints everywhere! Jesus, a Saint, whoever. Some are outside people's homes and that I understand, but others are just random in the town and people put flowers, leave prayers etc. It is a constant reminder which is nice to see as you walk around.
Tomorrow is a new day and our last day in Palermo. Should be fun and interesting.










Comments
Post a Comment