We were awaken this morning by the rooster from the farm down the street. It started at 4:30am and continued, and continued, and continued. We then went down for breakfast: eggs, bacon, fruit, croissants, meat and cheese. I had this amazing blood orange juice.
We sat on the lovely patio to plan the day.
We decided to start with a walk down to the beach. along the way is a prickly pear cactus.
The beach here is sand and rock as you get closer to the sea. We did walk down today.
We took a break and sat on the beach. I put my feet in the water. The water was chilly and refreshing. Lots of waves and it sparkles. The pictures do not do it any justice. 



I enjoyed just sitting there watching the waves, hearing them crash. It was so relaxing to me. I love water it really does call to me.
We stopped for water etc at this cute spot. I also took a picture of the taxi services in case we needed it. We will the next day and Andrea is one I had heard of online as well.
After the walk, Ronnie's day wanted to go back. Ronnie and I then walked around. We went to the greek/roman theatre ruins. Also by the train tracks.
We found a place for lunch down the road a bit. They had sandwiches, entrees and SOOOOOOO many desserts.
I had an arancina stuffed with spinach and cheese, Ronnie had fried calamari. Both were delicious.
For dessert I had the pastry of Gioiosa- Pasta Giosana. Sponge cake filled with cream, light icing and a cherry on top. It tasted a lot like the Italian Rum cake we grew up eating in Youngstown.
For dinner Ronnie and I stopped at a famous store in Gioiosa: Zennone Graziana. We bought cheese, capicola, olives, lupini, and a red and white wine.
We sat on th back porch and enjoyed it. For dessert we had chocolate filled mini cannoli from Elisabetta Ciocolata e Gelato. The owners last name is Mazzaferro.
It was a relzing evening and a nice day overall. Weather is perfect- warm and not humid. I was happy to be here today.

































Comments
Post a Comment